Do you get panic attack by hearing this jargon words in Biztalk world?
No worries! They are quite simple.
They are just design patterns, the way you implement your business process.
Condition: you wait for all the messages to come into your business process before the processing starts. Example: If you need to process something after receiving quotation (message) from all your manufacturers.
* Drop Parallel action with 2 or more Receive shapes in the beginning.
* Activate = True in all the receive shapes
* Initializing Correlation Sets = “somecorrelationset” in all the receive shapes. (You need to define a correlation set with an element unique across all the messages you receive).
Condition: Either you receive same type or different type of message one after the other; you need to wait until you receive some kind of control message to say “That’s the end”, or keep receiving “n” number of messages.
* Set Activate = True in the first Receive Shape, Initializing Correlation Sets = “somecorrelationset” (You need to define a correlation set with an element unique across all the messages you receive).
* Set Activate = False in the following receive shapes, Following Correlation Sets = “somecorrelationset”, and
* Put a Loop across Receive shape. Terminate the loop based on your condition either after receiving “n” number of messages or after receiving the control message.