As we know BizTalk360 exists for close to a decade. We always come up with a lot of new features and enhancements for every new release. In this version 10, we are mainly focusing on UI and UX improvements. It’s been a long time we have refreshed the UI. It’s time for a change. We are proud to say that BizTalk360’s UI will be easy to use, modern in look and feel.
Why We Build a Landing Page?
A landing page is a great way to drive traffic, improve your SEO and build the brand. They help promote a positive impression.
In Biztalk360 V9 there is no landing page, so the user has to route to the particular features to view the details of features in the environment. To overcome this, we are introducing the landing page in BizTalk360.
The landing page gives you an overall view of environments in BizTalk360 and some important statistics of the environment.
Overview of Landing Page
BizTalk360 landing page feature helps you to get a quick idea of your BizTalk environment and its important statics.
- Users can create multiple environments using ADD environment and also can access multiple environments.
- Biztalk group Topology button displays the graphical architecture of the environment.
- Explore the environment button displays the information about the environment like SQL instance, Database, and the selected features for the particular environment.
- License details can also be viewed.
- We can view the Alarm details.
- Healthy alarms -view the total number of alarms where the mapped artifacts are healthy in the environment.
- Warning alarms – view the total number of alarms where the violation results in warning conditions in the environment.
- Error alarms- view the total number of alarms where the violation results in error conditions in the environment.
- We can also view the count of unmapped artifacts in the environment.
- We can view the Biztalk servers in the environment.
- Healthy-View the total number of host instances with its state healthy in the environment.
- Warning – View the total number of host instances with its state warning in the environment.
- Error- View the total number of host instances with its state error in the environment.
- We can view the total number of host Instances in the environment.
- Enabled – view the total number of enabled host instances in the environment.
- Disabled – view the total number of disabled host instances in the environment.
- Unknown – view the total number of unknown host instances in the environment.
- We can view the Total number of suspended Instances in the environment.
- Non-resumable-view the total number of non-resumable suspended instances in the environment.
- Resumable – view the total number of resumable suspended instances in the environment.
- Active – view the total number of active suspended instances in the environment.
- By clicking the Manage environment we can route to the operation dashboard.
- By clicking the Add environment we can add a new environment and select the features which we need for that environment.
Note: We can customize our environment based on our needs.
BizTalk server environments comprise multiple servers like two BizTalk servers and two SQL servers to support high availability.
The BizTalk environment topology diagram is generally made using Visio or MS Word and stored in a repository like SharePoint.
When more servers are added to the environment, the existing diagrams become obsolete and will not represent the real topology of the environment. To overcome this problem in understanding the complete infrastructure, BizTalk360 plots the dynamic topology diagram of the BizTalk server environment.
The diagram is intelligently created; if a new server component is added to the environment, BizTalk360 immediately updates the topology diagram with the new component. This eliminates the need for administrators to manually update the topology diagrams created using Visio and avoid the problem of having outdated diagrams.
Steps to View Topology Diagram
Follow the steps as shown below to view the topology diagram:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application.
- Click the ‘Operations’ tab in the Navigation panel.
- Click the expand button against the ‘Manage Infrastructure’ tab and select ‘Topology’.
What’s New in Topology in Biztalk Version 10
In version 9, we can view only BizTalk and SQL servers available in the configuration.
In Biztalk360 Version10, we can view the Topology details on the landing page itself by clicking the Biztalk Group Topology button. In the Topology, you can view the architecture of the available BizTalk and SQL server in your environment and its Node available in the BizTalk Server.
Below are nodes available in the BizTalk server, based on its state the colour is indicated.
- Processing Node represents the server, which is enabled for processing messages.
- Tracking Node represents the server, which is enabled for tracking messages.
- Receiving node represents the server, which is enabled for receiving messages.
- Sending node represents the server, which is enabled for sending messages.
We can view the memory usage and CPU usage for the BizTalk Server and SQL Server.
Also, we can view the total number of host instances and their status.
The architecture view is always in sync with the real environment since it’s generated based on the current configuration. The topology diagram can be easily accessed from the BizTalk360 interface. This avoids the need to go and look into an external repository such as SharePoint and so on.
BizTalk360 v10 with the enhanced Topology UI will help you to understand and maintain a healthy BizTalk environment. With the refreshed intuitive new look and feel, it would be easy to understand the product and make use of most of the features to its full potential. So why not give it a try! Happy monitoring with BizTalk360!